Thursday, April 10, 2008

ThursDay..... I want money, money, money!

Ha......



Today is the day I reevaluate what I really want in life!



(On way to work, I saw one of my ex's cruising past in the new Land Rover Freelander, this is a person who really struggled to pass matric and I love that car! I can say that he is not the most wisest of people)



I know jealousy makes one nasty but fuck it man I need to be making money asap!!!



Ok, here's what I realised this morning..... the S.A economy is trying to take out the middle-class person, right now it's like you are either making a lot of money or you are making enough just to pay your rent/bond, car, food and other necessities. Luxuries like going out 3 times a week and ordering expensive lobster (yum) do not fit in your budget @ all - that is where I am right now... soon people like me will be classified as poor! I tell ya, there'll be just two kinds if standards - Rich and Poor! You have an 8am - 4pm office job but you'll be ranked on the same level with domestic workers!!!

Have ya'll ever notice how much you spend on drinks @ say News cafe when you're out with friends????? Those pinkish-colourful cocktail, martinis and whiskeys are blurdy expensive!

That will be the reason I stock up on wine and beer @ the bottle store and chill @ my place with friends. I even opt to cook something or braai instead of going out to some restaurant and spending about R 800 - R 1000 on food and drinks! I can spend half that amount, make a mean salad, braai meat, cream-corn pap & chakalaka and still have fun, listening to my choice of music!

This is life in S.A people.... I often complain of how broke I am and isht, but I saw a family that has to survive on R300 a month - that is no joke!!!!

Ok basically this was about me finding new ways of making extra money on the side....... and in case one of ya'll wanted to give advice on how, please scratch being a hooker out of the list!

6 comments:

Sweets said...

you can always go work for the Nigerians... not! hehe
i'm in the same boat hun... maybe we should ask Bridget for a loan??

;)

Just Khens. said...

Ya.... wse should hey!

So how about it B? LoL

This is a serious issue though!!!

Unknown said...

I have no advise to give, but your description of the braai has made my mouth water! When do we get the invites?

KASIEKULTURE! said...

You can sell one like jokes at the busy Crossing intersection. Okay on a serious note, you can always hook up with friends and shoot a stand up comedy DVD and pawn it at street corners. Okay, on a very serious note, you can organise sponsored competitions every month and always front someone as the winner while you pocket the loochie! And this advice has just cost you R45, My account details are..............

Miss Daisy said...

Ey jo, i feel u. lucky these days i've found a sponsor for booze, but eish i'm still survivin, leaving from pay cheque to pay cheque is not nice...

Pls don't forget me when u eventually find that something...

Just Khens. said...

Ms. D - Ya I won't !!! He, he... I am not alone so it seems!

You Kasie, you... I'll hit with you with an indefinite I Owe You.

Glug - You shall be invited, no worry!