Monday, May 19, 2008

See... this is why I wanna quit my job, here is another story about my boss person.

Article from this weekend's Sunday World (news paper)

Still no justice for Mafikizolo’s road manager

Saturday May 17, 2008 22:05 - (SA)

NORMAN MASUNGWINI

Flamboyant Mpumalanga music promoter Bruce Kgapane stands accused of assaulting Mafikizolo’s road manager last year – and this week he strong-armed the magistrate into postponing the case for a second time. on Wednesday the Ziyaphenduka Promotions boss appeared at the Pilgrim’s Rest Magistrates’ Court near Lydenburg, Mpumalanga, on charges of assault and pointing a firearm.


Kgapane is accused of assaulting Mafikizolo’s road manager Piwe Shabangu after the Afro-pop group failed to appear on time for a performance at a department of labour function in September last year. Mafikizolo was booked by Kgapane’s company to perform in Pilgrim’s Rest, but could not arrive on time because they were travelling from Durban, where they were performing at the Loerie Awards.


This week Kgapane and Shabangu and some members of Mafikizolo avoided each other in the court corridors on several occasions, but Kgapane put on a brave face after the appearance and shook hands with the group’s manager, Julius Mekwa. Kgapane asked the court to postpone the case because his attorney was not available.

He told magistrate A Serfontein he had not been aware that his attorney was sick. “I only learnt that he is not coming through the prosecutor right now,” said Kgapane. The prosecutor, Tobie Steny, told the magistrate Kgapane’s lawyer had phoned a few minutes before the case was called to tell him that he wouldn’t be in court because he was down with flu. But Steyn insisted on proceeding with the case.


He said the case had been postponed six months before trial and it shouldn’t be postponed again at the last minute. “The attorney should have called yesterday for me to contact the witnesses,” says Steyn. He also argued that the witnesses stay far away in Gauteng. Kgapane said it would be challenging for him to continue with the case without his attorney. “I request we postpone the case until my attorney is well,” Kgapane insisted.


Magistrate Serfontein finally agreed with him, saying everybody had the right to a legal representative. The case was postponed to next month for trial and Steyn said he was going to call seven witnesses.

**** and here is the story from my side....

Yes my boss slapped the girl (which was not cool @ all), but she was very rude and the way they handled the situation was not professional @ all....

They lied about most things (including the gun thing, the boss man does not even own one) and they breached the contract!!!

Since then we have not used any of the artists that are managed by Julias's company - Exclusive Management Services.....

Anyhooo, am crossing my fingers that my next interview goes well so I can stick the middle finger to my boss.... he, he!!!

4 comments:

kwaki said...

oh and the i media guys witnessed the whole thing. we even had footage of the incident i wonder where that tape disappeared to. am still alive. so are u coming to venda?

Patchwork said...

Hugs!

I miss you.

Supanova said...

LMAO....some dude slapped some chic? LMAO..... too funny! I would have loved to see that! You seem to have a rather interesting boss! What can I say... i love drama...I think my mid name shud have bin Mam'Gobozi! lol

Just Khens. said...

Aah.... B!

Miss you too sisi! How you & the lil' pickle doin???

SupaNova - My boss is a not so funny character, has no clue how to send an email or open a word application, plus he's a Pedi speaking fashionista that has been dubbed as not having any sense of style by shwashwi!

Wanna swap bosses