Monday, July 21, 2008

MPower...... Auditions were KAK!

Yup I said it, it is so not like me but hey someone has to say it!!!!

I know ya'll gonna think I am beefing coz I didn't make it but let me tell what went down anyways.......

First a huge hoo-haa is made about the event on Facebook, radio etc, it took place @ Riverside Mall right in front of Pick n Pay, Clicks and the other shops there - causing some sort congestion there. Basically everyone that walked passed, stood and watched as me & a hell lot of other people made idiots out of ourselves.

I mean couldn't they just make it somewhat private and relaxing.....

Think about it, while you are standing there trying to follow the poorly written script.... you have all kinds of people staring at you and probably analysing + gossiping about your accent or the way you are dressed ~ I swear that was so uncomfortable!

I assume they were trying to create a reality-type thing happening there but it was too noisy & there were just too many distractions period!

Anyways..... so there I am with Kliff & BF there, trying our "luck". Oy... first they tell Kliff that he sounds like community radio material!

Some girl went after him then it was my turn.....

Ya'll know that I am somewhat shy neh.... so there I was script in hand, hands and knees shaking like a mutther (that is how I get when I am nervous) reading through the damn thing when ~ just half way through it this guy Dave, who is apparently the programmes manager - decides to stop me and ask if I am chewing gum or something?.... I answered No, then he went to say that there was something wrong with my "speech" and that I was too laid back! Right then my mind just switched off and did not bother listening to what he had to say..... I just turned and walked away having not heard what the rest of the "JUDGES" had to say obviously.

After an hour's interval... they carried on with the auditions calling back the 13 people who had made it earlier on. This time they all had to say the exact same thing - (Ya I was still there giving Kliff some moral support).

Out of the 13 there were 4 black guys, 1 gay shim, 4 black chicks & 4 white chicks.... out of that number only 5 people went to the final. The 5 people included 1 guy, 1 shim, 3 white chicks!

Shocked about the outcome, I decided to ask questions and managed to gather the following:

1. This was just a publicity stunt....

2. They already know who they will employ as their next jock....

3. That person happens to be some white chick from around, that is what they were looking for all along....

Now I am asking why the hell are they wasting so much of the sponsor's (Vodacom) money, going to all these places ( Witbank, Nelspruit & Secunda)???

Me think it's because they are trying to get people to listen to their station.... which is quite difficult for some of us coz I personally think that they play kak music, discuss whack topic, have egomaniacs for jocks and not much originality/creativity is goin on there so on&on... I can bitch about this till dusk! It's like they are told what to say!

The one good thing though, is that the money is quite good.... which the draw card for me (I need to buy me a car ya'll)!

One of the judges was the guy that does the breakfast show, talk about a brother playa hatin on another.

Some have even called the station manager a puppet as he cannot even make decisions on behalf of the station - wow!

So ya, that was my weekend basically........

I still cannot believe I plucked up the courage to stand in front of people and " audition".... Auditions were not made for a person like, worse I hate being looked at so you can just imagine how terrified I was...... my nerves just got the better of me!


***Just by the way, this so not a racial thing... It's just way more than that***

4 comments:

AQUILOGY said...

Mpumalanga has It's own Station, How come no one knows about it?

Just Khens. said...

Ya, it does....

I just do not understand why they called a lot of black peeps to audition when they knew that all they wanted was 1 white female????? Realy now!

Sweets said...

hey diva... you have so much guts!!! whoot whoot... well done for trying! and bugger them man, stuff like that really pisses me off too! good for you for walking off, serves them right!

kwaki said...

I would have gone all perverted on them in public, sorry I couldn't make it on saturday but there were responsiblities I couldn't run away from at home.