Monday, April 6, 2009

While my "How to be a Gold-Digger" lessons are on a slow start, I had interesting things happening in my life. Not much life changing but interesting none the less!

On Sunday.... just yesterday that is, I decided to go to Lekazi (Kanyamazane - the township outside Nelspruit) (BTW, I used to live there at some stage of my life). I was with Pam and she had never seen my former home (I show anybody who cares to see) and I decided to go visit the lovely old lady that used to feed me coz I've always been lazy to make food and chew. My old time friend was there and was actually on her way to "besoek" her brother at the prison, I offered to take her there as this, for me, was going to be going to an excursion of some sort (LoL). We did things as per procedure then we went in in waited for the brother to be called and stuff.

While waiting, we had a chat - and she was teasing me about me not having a man or some isht similar to that and said that she would make it her personal mission to find me one - in PRISON. My thoughts were : Oh, hell to da NO! A rehabilitated criminal who has been sex starved for lawd knows how long and probably been mad a bitch by other prisoners!!!! Thanks but no Thanks....

Just then the brother came through..... we were on the other side of the glass and steel cage thing! Then there he was..... The very first guy I thought I loved in my life!!!! Dressed in orange overalls and looking pale, sad and just miserable. I couldn't contain myself.... I ran off and came back again, mouth wide open as I was still trying to understand how he went from being a sweet boy (who cheated on me coz I wouldn't give it up) to a man arrested for armed robbery??? It was just so weird!!!!

We had a short almost meaningless talk - I honestly didn't know what to say to him, I hadn't seen him in about 10years. He asked that I buy him a coke, I just gave him a R100 so he can do whatever with it...... I don't know what goes on in there. I just felt sorry for him and knowing his father.... he probably doesn't much visits from family or friends - he never had much of those (shy).

I just couldn't believe it, all I kept saying for the rest of that day was "Hawu, Usfiso nkosi yami".

He asked for my number and gave him a wrong one, I have no reason really for doing that except that I feared him in some way.

Wow, how people's lives change nje. Says a lot about the decision we make regarding our lives!!!

Hello people.

2 comments:

MoAfrika said...

comically profound as usual- one question, how come you are not a published author yet, if you are not that is, you may already be.

Just Khens. said...

I want to be.... I thought one had to have had something incredibly intelligent to write about!!!!! You are the 6th person to say that so I will def look into it, it has been a wish of mine for quite sometime now!!!

Glad to have you back here, I was almost sad thinking you had deserted me!!!