Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Quest for the truth!

Watching Generations in the last few weeks has made me wonder if searching for the truth is the way to go for me.

My father was unfortunately also killed in the 80's, 1985 to be exact. I was a year old and no one in my family has actually told me the truth of the events that led to his death. All I got was that I wouldn't understand and that it was political. I've had no interest in politics because of that statement.

In the years past, I was told of what a good man my father was, of course I would have loved to see and experience his "goodness" myself but that has and never will happen. He's a fallen hero to every one else that knew him except me and my brothers as we were somewhat "robbed" of that. My grandmother often said that I'm so much like him.

So came the thoughts of wanting to know more, where are the people that killed him! What happened to them and more than anything else why!

And with that, I have decided to ask questions that I've avoided asking in the past! So yes, yes I want to know the truth and the quest to find that truth begins now!!!

I hope my family doesn't hold anything back.

No comments: