Thursday, May 23, 2013

My love of music

some of my childhood friends often asked me why I'm always going on about music being life to me.... and me being me, I always get my words jumbled up and end up with answer that just goes like 'I don't know, I just love music a bit more than the average person. My days are just never fine unless I play I play certain tracks out loud and sing or dance along. One of my fondest childhood memories was when the whole Stimela band would come to my house for a chillas of sorts - drinking Ohlson"s Larger and chilling on the lawn going through what ever they had recorded that day - Nana Cayote, Ray Phiri, Malum' Jabu and the rest. I used to sit encansini on the grass and just listen to them _ this was still in the early 90's. Things were just so much simpler back then... I was a child and oblivious to to everything that was going on at that time politically. All I knew was that they were gon' get drunk and I will be picking up those huge ass R1 coins in the morning 'coz they alays fell out of their pockets when the were drinking while chilling on the grass, That all happened when I was still living eLekazi - a township in Nelspruit. I still replay images of my momma dancing. I have since seen Stimela perform live at least 22 times in my adult life and have loved each and every performance - eventhe ones without Nana Cayote. All of that just remind me of why I love doing events and live performance. It's like I was just born to do this - this whole event coordinating thing! Not a lot of people can genuinely say that the wake up to go to work and do what they love. I'm beyond blessed bitches!

No comments: